Two Clinical Experiences with a New Sarcode: Potentised Mitral Valve in LM Potencies[*]
26 February 2019 (online)
Sarcodes are an important part of homeopathic materia medica, but their use is ambiguous. Mitral valve is yet another addition to the list but lacking in guidelines for therapeutic application based on homoeopathic drug proving data. Two clinical cases are outlined that empirically received potentised mitral valve in ascending LM potencies and experienced an improved quality of life that was corroborated with outcome in relation to impact of daily living (ORIDL). Potentised mitral valve may be a valuable addition to our materia medica after it has been proved according to homoeopathic guidelines.
Keywordssarcode - homoeopathy - potentised mitral valve - LM potencies - outcome in relation to impact of daily living
* Paper presented in 73rd International Congress of LMHI on September 7, 2018.
Dr Gyandas G. Wadhwani is the former Chief Medical Officer (NFSG) (Homoeopathy), Directorate of Ayush, Govt of National Capital Territory of Delhi, India. Both the authors are members of Aude Sapere group, South Africa.
- 1 Sankar K, Jadhav AP. Nosodes and sarcodes. Indian J Tradit Knowl 2017; 16 (01) 158-163
- 2 Reilly D, Mercer SW, Bikker AP, Harrison T. Outcome related to impact on daily living: preliminary validation of the ORIDL instrument. BMC Health Serv Res 2007; 7: 139
- 3 Stenton C. The MRC breathlessness scale. Occup Med (Lond) 2008; 58 (03) 226-227
- 4 Kent JT. Repertory of the Homoeopathic Materia Medica. Reprint edition. New Delhi, India: B. Jain Publishers; 2009
- 5 Dudgeon RE. The Lesser Writings of Samuel Hahnemann—Essay on a New Principle for Ascertaining the Curative Powers of Drugs, with a Few Examples of Those Hitherto Employed (1796). New York, NY: William Radde; 1852: 249-303
- 6 Hahnemann S. Organon of Medicine. 5th and 6th ed, § 144. New Delhi, India: B. Jain Publishers; 2009: 160