Subscribe to RSS
Heat Stability of Two Candidate International Reference Preparations for Recombinant Human Tissue Factor
Received 12 1996
Accepted after revision 26 March 1997
12 July 2018 (online)
Adequate heat stability of international reference preparations (IRP) for thromboplastin (tissue factor) is an essential requirement. Accelerated degradation testing was performed by three laboratories on two candidate IRP for recombinant human tissue factor.
Heat treatment of these candidates resulted in slight shortening of the PT, contrasting with heat-induced prolongation of the PT observed with a conventional human brain derived IRP.
Heat stability of these candidates was improved when compared with the stability of previous recombinant human tissue factor preparations.
The PT-ratio did not change significantly when the candidates were stored for 28 days at 44° C. It’ can therefore be concluded that both candidates are acceptable with regard to stability.
- 1 Kirkwood TBL. Predicting the stability of biological standards and products. Biometrics 1977; 33: 736-742
- 2 Bangham DR, Biggs R, Brozovic M, Denson KWE. Draft report of a collaborative study of two thromboplastins including the use of common abnormal plasma. Thromb Diathes Haemorrh 1970; suppl. 40: 341-351
- 3 Van denBesselaar AMHP, Loeliger EA, Bertina RM. Stability of reference thromboplastin. In: Standardization of Coagulation Assays: An Overview. Triplett DA. (ed). College of American Pathologists, Skokie, Illinois 1982. pp. 69-79
- 4 WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization. Thirty-third Report. WHO Tech Rep Ser 1983; 687: 81-105
- 5 Tripodi A, Poller L, Van den BesselaarAMHP, Mannucci PM. A proposed scheme for calibration of international reference preparations of thromboplastin for the prothrombin time. Thromb Haemost 1995; 74: 1368-1369
- 6 Tripodi A. Replacement of WHO Human Thromboplastin. Report of the SSC/ISTH Subcommittee on Control of Anticoagulation. June 23 1996. Barcelona:
- 7 Geigy Wissenschaftliche Tabellen, Teilband Statistik, 8. Auflage. 1980. p. 218 Ciba-Geigy AG; Basel:
- 8 Van den BesselaarAMHP, Witteveen E, Schaefer-van Mansfeld H, Meeuwisse-Braun J, Strebus A. Accelerated degradation test of lyophilized recombinant tissue factor-liposome preparations. Thromb Haemost 1995; 73: 392-397
- 9 Thomson JM, Tomenson JA, Poller L. The calibration of the second primary international reference preparation for thromboplastin (thromboplastin, human, plain, coded BCT/253). Thromb Haemost 1984; 52: 336-342