Studies on Tissue Thromboplastin - Electron Micrography
10 June 2018 (online)
The ultrastructure of tissue thromboplastin from human brain, purified by sodium deoxycholate extraction and gel filtration, has been studied. A correlation is found between the reaggregation of solubilized thromboplastin, the reappearance of procoagulant activity, and the formation of concentric membraneous structures.
Sodium deoxycholate splits tissue thromboplastin into two fractions, A and B. The ultrastructure of fraction B, which contains 80-90% phospholipid, has been studied.
- 1 Hvatum M, Prydz H. Studies on tissue thromboplastin. I. Solubilization with sodium deoxycholate. Biochim. biophys. Acta (Amst) 130: 92 1966;
- 2 Hvatum M, Prydz H. Studies on tissue thromboplastin. Its splitting into two separable parts. Thrombos. Diathes. haemorrh. (Stuttg) 21: 217 1969;
- 3 Whittaker P. V. The separation of subcellular structures from brain tissue. Biochem. Soc. Symp 23: 109 1963;
- 4 Horne R. W, Whittaker P. V. The use of the negative staining method for the electronmicroscopic study of subcellular particles from animal tissues. Z. Zellforsch 58: 1 1962;
- 5 Robertson J. D. The ultrastructure of cell membranes and their derivatives. Biochem. Soc. Symp 16: 3 1959;
- 6 Bangham A. D, Horne R. W. Negative Staining of Phospholipids and their Structural Modification by Surfaceactive Agents as observed in the Electron Microscope. J. Mol. Biol 08: 660 1964;
- 7 Lucy J. A, Glaubert A. M. Structure and Assembley of Macromolecular Lipid Complexes composed of Globular Micelles. J. Mol. Biol 08: 727 1964;
- 8 Âtland S, Hvatum M, Prydz H. Inactivation of Tissue Thromboplastin by Ultraviolett Irradiation. Thrombos. Diathes. haemorrh. (Stuttg) 19: 221 1968;
- 9 Deutsch E, Irsigler K, Lomoschitz H. Studien über Gewebethromboplastin. 1. Reinigung, chemische Charakterisierung und Trennung in einen Eiweiß- und Lipoidanteil. Thrombos. Diathes. haemorrh. (Stuttg) 12: 12 1964;
- 10 Nemerson Y. Partial purification and characterization of the coagulant protein of brain tissue factor. Abstracts of the Simultaneous Sessions. XII Congress, Internat. Soc. Hematol; New York: 1968
- 11 Dallner G, Siekewitz P, Palade G. E. Biogenesis of Endoplasmic Reticulum Membranes. II. Synthesis of Constitutive Microsomal Enzymes in Developing Rat Hepatocyte. J. Cell Biol 30: 97 1966;