The Effect of Intravenously Injected Adenosine Diphosphate in Rat and Rabbit
10. Juni 2018 (online)
Very large quantities of ADP injected intravenously into rats and rabbits were found to disappear within a matter of minutes. Dietary changes which favor thrombus pro duction did not alter this capacity for ADP elimination. It seems unlikely that varia tions in circulating ‘ADPase’ are involved in thrombus formation.
- 1 Howe E. E, Bosshardt D. K. A study of factors influencing the enzymatic elimination of adenosine diphosphate (in Journal).
- 2 Mordäy A, Chandler A. B. Platelet thrombosis induced by adenosine diphosphate in the rat. Scand. J. Haemat 01: 16-25 1967;
- 3 Silver W. D, Stehbens W. E. Platelet reaction to adenosine diphosphate in vivo. Nature (Lond) 205: 91-92 1965;
- 4 Regali D, Clark V. Prevention by adenosine of the effect of adenosine diphosphate on the concentration of circulatory platelets. Nature (Lond) 200: 546-548 1963;
- 5 Mustard J. F, Rowsell H. C, Lotz F, Hegardt B, Murjphy E. A. The effect of adenosine nucleotides on thrombus formation, platelet count, and blood coagulation. Experimental and Molecular Pathology 05: 43-60 1966;
- 6 Born G. J. R, Cross M. J. Effect of adenosine diphosphate on the concentration of platelets in circulatory blood. Nature (Lond) 197: 974-976 1963;
- 7 Davey M. G, Lander H. Effect of adenosine diphosphate on circulating platelets in man. Nature (Lond) 201: 1037-1039 1964;
- 8 Thomas W. A, Hartroft W. S. Myocardial infarction in rats fed diets containing high fat, cholesterol, thiouracil, and sodium cholate. Circulation 19: 65-72 1959;
- 9 Adam H, Bergmeyer H. W. Methods of Enzymatic Analysis. 573-577 Academic Press; New York and London 1963.:
- 10 Born G. V. R, Cross M. J. The aggregation of blood platelets. J. Physiol. (Lond) 168: 178-195 1963;
- 11 Hampton J. R, Mitchell J. R. A. A transferable factor causing abnormal platelet behavior in vascular disease. Lancet II: 764 1966;