Immunoelectrophoretic Studies on the Kinetics of Plasmic Degradation of Human Fibrinogen[*]
Received 06. November 1975
Accepted 20. Juli 1976
03. Juli 2018 (online)
In vitro degradation of fibrinogen results in the appearance of an early fragment, different in its electrophoretic mobility to that of fragments X, Y, D and E.
It reacts with antifibrinogen antiserum, does not react with anti-D antiserum and it is anti-genically related to fragment E.
Compared with terminal fragment E, it migrates more slowly towards the anode, it appears earlier and in a greater concentration at the beginning, decreasing and disappearing during degradation.
The antigen antibody crossed electrophoresis was used in these experiments, but to distinguish the fragments from already known X, Y or even fibrinogen, the applying of an intermediate gel with anti D was of great value.
* Presented in part at the Vth Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Paris 1975.
- 1 Axelsen N. Crossed electrophoresis with intermediate gel. XlXth. Annual Colloquium of Pro-tides of Biological Fluids. Actas, Chapter XII. Brugge 1971
- 2 Barnhart M.I, Anderson G.F, Baker W.J. Immunochemical studies on protein important in blood coagulation. Thrombosis et Diathesis Haemorrhagica 1962; 8: 21
- 3 Budzynski A.Z, Marder V.J, Shainoff J.R. Structure of plasmic degradation products of human fibrinogen. Fibrinopeptide and polypeptide chain analysis. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 1974; 249: 2294
- 4 Casillas G, Simonetti C, Pavlovsky A. Fibrinogen preparation a partir du complexe fibrinogen-tanin. Revue Francaise d’Etude Cliniques et Biologiques 1960; 5: 925
- 5 Casillas G, Simonetti C, Pavlovsky A. Fractionation of fibrinogen and factor VIII by means of a sulphonamid derivative. Coagulation 1969; 2: 141
- 6 Clark H.G.M, Freeman T. Cuantitative immunoelectrophoresis of human serum proteins. Clinical Science 1968; 35: 403
- 7 Gormsen J, Feddersen C, Clemensen I, Andersen R.B. Degradation of fibrinogen in vitro. Demonstration of several antigenic intermediates by specific anti-D and anti-E serum. Scandinavian Journal of Haematology 1972; 9: 577
- 8 Grabar P, Burtin P. Immunoelectrophoresis Analysis. Elsevier Publications; New York: 1964
- 9 Hawiger J, Niewiarowski S, Gurevich V, Thomas D.P. Measurement of fibrinogen and fibrin degradation products in serum by staphylococal clumping test. The Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine 1970; 75: 93
- 10 Lahiri B, Shafnoff J.R. Fate of fibrinopeptides in the reaction between plasmin and fibrinogen. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1973; 303: 161
- 11 Laurell C.B. Antigen-antibody Crossed Electrophoresis. Analytical Biochemistry 1965; 1: 358
- 12 Marder V.J, Shulman N.R, Caroll W.R. The importance of intermediate degradation products of fibrinogen in fibrinolytic hemorrhage. Trans. Ass. Am. Phys 1967; 80: 156
- 13 Marder V.J, Shulman N.R, Caroll W.R. High molecular weight derivatives of human fibrinogen produced by plasmin. I. Physicochemical and Immunological Characterization. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 1969; 244: 2111
- 14 Marder V.J. Identification and purification of fibrinogen degradation products prodeced plasmin: considerations on the structure of fibrinogen. Scandinavian Journal of Haematology. Supplement No 1971; (13) 21
- 15 Mills D, Karpatkin S. Heterogenetic of human fibrinog: possible relation to proteolysis by thrombin and plasmin as studied by SDS Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Dommunication 1970; 40: 206
- 16 Niewiarowsky S, Nandi N. Acrylamide gel electrophophoresis of fibrinogen and fibrin degradation products. British Journal of Haematology 1972; 9: 577
- 17 Nussenzweig V, Seligman M. Analyse, par des méthodes immunochimiques, de la degradation par la plasmine du fibrinogene humain et de la fibrine, a different stades. Revue Hematologie 1960; 15: 451
- 18 Pitcher P.M. Crossed Immunoelectrophoresis for the identification of fibrinogen degradation products. Scandinavian Journal of Haematology. Supplement No 1971; 13: 229
- 19 Scheidegger J.J. Une microméthode d’immunoelectrophorese. Internal Archives of Allergy 1955; 7: 103
- 20 Vermylen J. Fibrinogen derivatives. A Laboratory and Clinical Study. Verhandelingen Van de Koninkluijke. Vlaamse Academie Voör Geneeskunde Van Belgie 1972; 2: 132
- 21 Weeke B. Laurell antigen-antibody crossed electrophoresis. XlXth Annual Colloquium of Pro-tides of Biological Fluids. Actas. Chapter VII. Brugge 1971