Subscribe to RSS
Standardization in Medical Informatics
05 March 2018 (online)
This article stresses the importance of standardization in the domain of Health and Medical Informatics, and Telematics. It gives an overview of the current standing of the activities of CEN TC 251 (European Standardization Committee, Technical Committee on Health Care informatics) and describes the scope and content of a number of emerging European standards.
- 1 De Moor GJE. Telestroika in Healthcare Informatics: a challenge for standardization in Europe. Med Inf (Lond) 1992; 17: 133-40.
- 2 Directory of the European Standardization Requirements for Health-care Informatics and Programme for the Development of Standards. CEN TC 251, version 1.70 (1993-04-01).
- 3 De Moor GJE, McDonald C, Noothoven van Goor J. Progress in Standardization in Health-care Informatics. Amsterdam: IOS Press. Health Technology and Informatics (6).; ISBN : 90 5199 114 2 (1993).
- 4 Coad P, Yourdon E. Object Oriented Analysis. 2nd edition.. Yourdon Press; 1992
- 5 EWOS Technical Guide A Method for Defining Functional Profiles for Healthcare. European Workshop for Open Systems 1992