Subscribe to RSS
Security in Medical Information Systems
05 March 2018 (online)
This review article addresses security in medical information systems. First, it is discussed why special attention is necessary for security in this field. Next, the history is considered, together with the role of IMIA. Current research issues are presented. The ongoing activities in the AIM SEISMED project are briefly described, followed by a consideration of standardization. The article concludes with an appeal to pay more attention to the security aspects of information systems.
- 1 Griesser GG, Bakker A, Danielsson J. et al. eds. Data Protection in Health Information Systems, Considerations and Guidelines. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publ. Comp.; 1980
- 2 Commission of the European Community. ITSEC: Information Technology Security Evaluation Criteria. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities; 1991
- 3 Council of Europe Regulations for Automated Medical Data Banks. Recommendations R(81). Strasbourg: 1981
- 4 Westin AF. Computers, Health Records and Citizen Rights. Washington DC: National Bureau of Standards; 1976
- 5 Griesser GG. ed. Realization of Data Protection in Health Jnfonnation Sys. terns. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publ Comp; 1977
- 6 Griesser GG, Jardel JP, Kenny DJ, Sauter K. eds. Data Protection in Health Information Systems, Where do we Stand?. Amsterdam: North-HollandPubl Comp; 1983
- 7 The Commission of the European Com munities DG XII/JF AIM Data Protection and Confidentiality in Health Informatics. Amsterdam: IOS Press; 1991
- 8 Amended proposal for a Council Directive on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data: SYN 287. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities; 1992
- 9 Louwerse CP, Kouwenberg JML. Data protection aspects in an integrated hospital information system. Comput Security 1984; 4: 286-9.
- 10 Gritzalis D, Tomaras A, Katsikas S, Keklikoglou J. Data security in medical information systems, the Greek case. Comput Security 1991; 2: 141-19.
- 11 1807498-2 89 ISO: Information processing systems-Open Systems Interconnection-Basic Reference Model-Part 2: Security Architecture 1989
- 12 Bakker AR. Data protection and security issues of PACS. In: Proceedings SPIE Medical Imaging IV. SPIE Vol 1654. 1992: 509-5.