Subscribe to RSS
Medical Informatics Training and Research at Rennes University School of Medicine
10 March 2018 (online)
The University of Rennes Medical School has offered Medical informatics training since 1988; at the same time, research in medical informatics was started. This paper describes the teaching programs at both the undergraduate level and at the graduate level. Research topics comprise fundamental research on biomedical models, ontologies for medical knowledge representations, natural language processing, and research for diagnosis and therapeutic aids. We have developed a local area network which communicates between the School of Medicine and the University Hospital, both internally (Intranet) and externally by access to the National Research network (RENA TER) in France, which is connected to the internet.
- 1 Degoulet P, Venot A, Auvert B, Grémy F. Graduate programs in Medical Informatics at the Paris Universities. In:. Van Bemmel JH, McCray AT. 1995 IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics.. Stuttgart: Schattauer Verlag; 1995: 110-4
- 2 Denier P, Le Beux P, Delamarre D, Fresnel A, Cleret A, Courtin C, Seka L.P, Pouliquen B, Cleran L, Riou C, Burgun A, Jarno P, Le Duff F, Le Saux H, Duvauferrier R. A network of web multimedia medical information servers for a medical school and university hospital. Int J Med Infor(l]. 1997; 46: 41-51.
- 3 Siregar P, Toulouse P. Model-based diag nosis ofbrain disorders, a prototype frame work.. Artif Intell Med 1995; 7: 315
- 4 Siregar P, Sinteff J. P.. Introducing spatio-temporal reasoning into the inverse problem in electroencephalography.. Artiflntell Med 1996; 8: 97-122.
- 5 Siregar P, Chahine M, Lemoulec F, Le Beux P. An interactive qualitative model in cardiology.. Comput Biomed Res 1995; 28: 443-78
- 6 Siregar P. Theoretical cardiology: from analytical to quantitative models.. J Bioi Syst 1996; 4: 131-50
- 7 Siregar P, Sinteff J. P, Chahine M, Le Beux P. A cellular automata model of the heart and its coupling with a qualitative model.. Comput Biomed Res 1996; 22: 222-46
- 8 Siregar P, Sinteff J. P, Julen N, Le Beux P. Spatia-Temporal reasoning for multi-scale modeling in Cardiology.. Artif lntell Med 1997; 10: 41-58
- 9 Clayton P. D. Integrated advanced medical information systems (IAIMS) : Payoffs and problems.. Meth Inform Med 1994; 33: 351-7
- 10 Fontaine D, Le Beux P, Riou C, Jacquelinet C. An intelligent computer assisted instruction system for clinical case teaching.. Meth Inform Med 1994; 33: 1344-56
- 11 Cléret M, Thoreux P.H, Denier P, Le Beux P. A computer assisted case report and diagnosis system, sharing the knowledge data base ADM and using hypermedia techniques. In:. Greenes RA, Peterson HE, Protti DJ. eds. Proceedings of the 8th World Congress on Medical Informatics. MEDINFO 95.. Amsterdam: North Holland; 1995: 922-5
- 12 Thoreux P. H, Cleret M, Jouannic I, Denier P, Bouget J, Le Beux P. A microcomputer teaching and decision support system for emergency medicine: use of hypermedia and articificial intelligence in combination.. Med Inform 1996; 21: 35-43
- 13 Burgun A, Botti G, Lukacs B. Mayeux D, Seka L. P, De Iamarre D, Bremond M, Kohler F, Fieschi M, Le Beux P. A system that facilitates the orientation within procedure nomenclatures through a semantic approach.. Med Inform 1994; 19: 297-310
- 14 Burgun A, Botti G, Bodenreider O, Delamarre D, Lukacs B. Leveque JM, Bremond M, Kohler F, Fieschi M, Le Beux P. Methodology for using the UMLS as a background knowledge for the description of surgical procedures.. Int J Biomed Com put 1996; 43: 189-202
- 15 Burgun A, Denier P, Bodenreider O, Botti G, Delamarre D, Pouliquen B. Oberlin P, Lévèque J M, Lukacs B, Kohler F, Fieschi M, Le Beux P.. A web terminology server using UMLS for the description of medical procedures.. J Am Med Inform Assoc 1997; 4: 356-63
- 16 Bodenreider O, Burgun A, Botti G, Fieschi M, Le Beux P, Kohler F. Evaluation of the use of the unified medical language system as a knowledge source for a terminology server of French medical procedures.. J Am Med Inform Assoc 1998; 5: 76-87
- 17 Zweigenbaum P. Consortium Menelas (including Delamarre D, LeBeux P, Burgun A.). Menelas: an access system for medical records using natural language. Comput Meth Prog Biomed 1994; 45 (01) 17-20
- 18 Delamarre O. Burgun A, Seka L. P, Le Beux P. Automated coding system of patient discharge summaries into ICD-9-CM using conceptual graphs.. Meth Inform Med 1995; 34: 345-51
- 19 Seka L.P, Duvauferrier R, Fresnel A, Le Beux P. A virtual univesity web system for a medical school.. Accepted for Medinfo 98.
- 20 Protti OJ, Van Semmel JH, Gunzenhalizer R, Haux R, Warner H, Douglas JV, Lang E. Can health/medical informatics be regarded as a separate discipline?. Meth Inform Med 1994; 33 (03) 18-26