Hagiographic Materia Medica
30 March 2018 (online)
The medieval practice of invoking the intercession of particular Saints bears a fundamental similarity to the principles of homeopathy. The Golden Legend ‘Lives of the Saints’ is akin to our Materia Medica. Some remedy pictures connect to a Saint's story and understanding that story helps in understanding the remedy.
- 1 Clarke JH. Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica. Sittingbourne, United Kingdom: Homoeopathic Book Service; 1991
- 2 Nuala E. Ignis Alcoholis, Succinum Provings. Galway, Ireland: Burren School of Homoeopathy; 1998
- 3 Farmer DH. Oxford Dictionary of Saints. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1978
- 4 Norland M. Homoeopathic Proving of LSD-25. Devon, United Kingdom: School of Homoeopathy; Available at: http://hominf.org/lsd/lsdframe.htm . Accessed January 22, 2018
- 5 Ovid, Ed. Miller F.J. Metamorphoses. Cambridge, MA: Loeb Classical Library; 1971
- 6 de Voragine J. The Golden Legend [trans. by Ryan G and Ripperger H]. New York: Arno Press; 1969
- 7 and a Jesuit education!