Customized Hook Plates for Metaphyseal Fractures, Nonunions and Osteotomies in the Dog and Cat
Received for publication:
05 August 1992
06 February 2018 (online)
The use of customized DCP plates, to achieve stable fixation, is demonstrated to be possible in situations where a normal plate configuration does not allow for an adequate number of screws to be inserted. This report documents the use of customized hook plates in ten such cases.
- 1 Schatzker J. Screws and plates and their application. In: Manual of Internal Fixation 3rd Edition. Muller ME, Allgower M, Schneider R, Willenegger H. (eds). Berlin: Springer; 1990: 229.
- 2 Prieur WD. Intertrochanteric osteotomy in the dog: theoretical consideration and opera-tive technique. J Small Anim Pract 1987; 28: 3-20.
- 3 Leger L, Sumner-Smith G, Gofton N, Prieur WD. A.O. hook plate fixation for meta-physeal fractures and corrective wedge osteotomies. J Small Anim Pract 1982; 23: 209-16.
- 4 Bellah JR. Use of a double hook plate for treatment of a distal radial fracture in a dog. Vet Surg 1987; 16: 278-82.
- 5 Lewis DD, Bellah JR. Use of double hook plate to repair a subtrochanteric femoral fracture in an immature dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1987; 191: 440-2.
- 6 Fox SM, Boring G, Cooper RC, Shores A. Observations on the repair of distal radial osteotomies in the dog by double hook plates. NZ Vet J 1989; 37: 91-3.
- 7 Fox SM, Machon RG. Use of double hook plates to correct bilateral tibial deformity in a Borzoi. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1992; 28: 125-8.
- 8 Mast J, Jakob R, Ganz R. Planning and reduction technique in fracture surgery. Berlin: Springer; 1989
- 9 Oakcs MG, Lewis DD, van Ee RT, Elkins AD. Use of reconstruction plates for the stabilization of fractures and osteotomies involving the supracondylar region of the femur in six dogs and two cats. Conference proceedings of the 19th Vet Orthop Soc 1992: 41.