Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve-In-Ring and Aortic Valve-In-Valve Implantation
31 March 2017
19 July 2017
18 September 2017 (online)
Background Transcatheter heart valve (THV) therapies have shown to be an alternative to surgical valve replacement, especially in high-risk patients requiring redo surgery. However, reports of transcatheter-based interventions in tricuspid valve position are scarce.
Case Description Here, we report a case of successful concomitant transcatheter aortic valve-in-valve (ViV) and tricuspid valve-in-ring (ViR) procedures using a 23-mm CoreValve Evolut R THV (Medtronic, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) in aortic position and a 29-mm SAPIEN3 (Edwards Lifesciences, Inc., Irvine, California, United States) THV in tricuspid position.
Conclusion This case demonstrates feasibility of concomitant transcatheter aortic ViV and tricuspid ViR procedures.
- 1 Phan K, Zhao DF, Wang N, Huo YR, Di Eusanio M, Yan TD. Transcatheter valve-in-valve implantation versus reoperative conventional aortic valve replacement: a systematic review. J Thorac Dis 2016; 8 (01) E83-E93
- 2 Conradi L, Silaschi M, Seiffert M. , et al. Transcatheter valve-in-valve therapy using 6 different devices in 4 anatomic positions: clinical outcomes and technical considerations. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2015; 150 (06) 1557-1565 ; 1567.e1–1567.e3; discussion, 1565–1567
- 3 Rogers JH, Bolling SF. The tricuspid valve: current perspective and evolving management of tricuspid regurgitation. Circulation 2009; 119 (20) 2718-2725
- 4 Onorati F, Perrotti A, Reichart D. , et al. Surgical factors and complications affecting hospital outcome in redo mitral surgery: insights from a multicentre experience. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2016; 49 (05) e127-e133
- 5 Boldt J, Zickmann B, Thiel A, Dapper F, Hempelmann G. Age and right ventricular function during cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 1992; 6 (01) 29-32
- 6 Rodés-Cabau J, Hahn RT, Latib A. , et al. Transcatheter Therapies for Treating Tricuspid Regurgitation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2016; 67 (15) 1829-1845
- 7 Aboulhosn J, Cabalka AK, Levi DS. , et al. Transcatheter valve-in-ring implantation for the treatment of residual or recurrent tricuspid valve dysfunction after prior surgical repair. JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2017; 10 (01) 53-63
- 8 Sideris S, Drakopoulou M, Oikonomopoulos G. , et al. Left ventricular pacing through coronary sinus is feasible and safe for patients with prior tricuspid valve intervention. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2016; 39 (04) 378-381