Synthesis of Pyrazolofuropyrazine via One-Pot SNAr Reaction and Intramolecular Direct C–H Arylation
Received: 26 November 2017
Accepted after revision: 08 December 2017
11 January 2018 (online)
Fused-ring systems containing heterocycles are attractive templates for drug discovery. Biologically active 6-5-5+6 fused-ring systems that possess heterocycles are available, but these require a relatively large number of synthetic steps for preparation. Therefore, pyrazolofuropyrazine was designed as a 6-5-5+6 ring system template that incorporates ready accessibility for drug discovery. Pyrazolofuropyrazines were successfully constructed in only a few steps via one-pot SNAr reaction/intramolecular C–H direct arylation. As a drug candidate, pyrazolofuropyrazine has earned a favorable LogP, although significant biological activity has yet to be established; the ready accessibility of pyrazolofuropyrazine template, however, offers an opportunity for the rapid development of promising new drug candidates.
- 1 Bemis GW. Murcko MA. J. Med. Chem. 1996; 39: 2887
- 2a Tong Y. Przytulinska M. Tao Z.-F. Bouska J. Stewart HD. Park C. Li G. Claiborne A. Kovar P. Chen Z. Merta PJ. Bui M.-H. Olson A. Osterling D. Zhang H. Sham HL. Rosenberg SH. Sowin TJ. Lin N.-H. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2007; 17: 5665
- 2b Tao Z.-F. Li G. Tong Y. Stewart KD. Chen Z. Bui M.-H. Merta P. Park C. Kovar P. Zhang H. Sham HL. Rosenberg SH. Sowin TJ. Lin N.-H. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2007; 17: 5944
- 3 Nugiel DA. Vidwans A. Etzkorn A.-M. Rossi KA. Benfield PA. Burton CR. Cox S. Doleniak D. Seitz SP. J. Med. Chem. 2002; 45: 5224
- 4 Usui T. Ban HS. Kawada J. Hirokawa T. Nakamura H. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2008; 18: 285
- 5 Minegishi H. Fukashiro S. Ban HS. Nakamura H. ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2013; 4: 297
- 6 Minegishi H. Futamura Y. Fukashiro S. Muroi M. Kawatani M. Osada H. Nakamura H. J. Med. Chem. 2015; 58: 4230
- 7 Taylor RD. MacCoss M. Lawson AD. G. J. Med. Chem. 2014; 57: 5845
- 8 Kmentova I. Sutherland HS. Palmer BD. Blaser A. Franzblau SG. Wan B. Wang Y. Ma Z. Denny WA. Thompson AM. J. Med. Chem. 2010; 53: 8421
- 9 Kumar KS. Adepu R. Kapavarapu R. Rambabu D. Krishna GR. Reddy CM. Priya KK. Parsa KV. L. Pal M. Tetrahedron Lett. 2012; 53: 1134
- 10 Liu J. Fitzgerald AE. Mani NS. J. Org. Chem. 2008; 73: 2951
- 11 Nakao S. Mabuchi M. Shimizu T. Itoh Y. Takeuchi Y. Ueda M. Mizuno H. Shigi N. Ohshio I. Jinguji K. Ueda Y. Yamamoto M. Furukawa T. Aoki S. Tsujikawa K. Tanaka A. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2014; 24: 1071
- 12 We speculated that another 6a reacted with 13a. This intermolecular reaction seemed faster than the desired intramolecular reaction.
- 13 AlCl3- or TFA-mediated SNAr reaction of 13a was examined in order to activate chloropyrazine moiety. However, the desired product 1a was not obtained.
- 14 Franck P. Hostyn S. Dajka-Halász B. Polonka-Bálint Á. Monsieurs K. Mátyus P. Maes BU. W. Tetrahedron 2008; 64: 6030
- 15 Thermal elipsoids are set at 35% probability level. CCDC-1579579 contains the supplementary crystallographic data for this paper. The data can be obtained free of charge from The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre via www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/getstructures.
- 16 Calculated with the suitable algorithm by using ChemBioDraw Ultra 14.0.
- 17 Waring MJ. Expert Opin. Drug Discovery 2010; 5: 235
- 18 Pelleter J. Renaud F. Org. Process Res. Dev. 2009; 13: 698
- 19 Bagley MC. Baashen M. Paddock VL. Kipling D. Davis T. Tetrahedron 2013; 69: 8429
- 20 Marchetti F. Pettinari C. Cingolani A. Brocanelli L. Rossi M. Caruso F. J. Organomet. Chem. 1999; 580: 344