Giant Subclavian Artery Aneurysm
19. August 2014 (online)
We report the case of a 37-year-old construction executive presenting with chest pain, shortness of breath, and dizziness on exertion secondary to a giant left subclavian artery aneurysm and aortic valvular disease.
All authors have read the manuscript and approved the submission. The article has not been published anywhere and is not under consideration of publication in whole or in part.
- 1 Dougherty MJ, Calligaro KD, Savarese RP, DeLaurentis DA. Atherosclerotic aneurysm of the intrathoracic subclavian artery: a case report and review of the literature. J Vasc Surg 1995; 21 (3) 521-529
- 2 Dent TL, Lindenauer SM, Ernst CB, Fry WJ. Multiple arteriosclerotic arterial aneurysms. Arch Surg 1972; 105 (2) 338-344
- 3 Coselli JS, Crawford ES. Surgical treatment of aneurysms of the intrathoracic segment of the subclavian artery. Chest 1987; 91 (5) 704-708
- 4 Iida M, Hata H, Kimura H. A case of atherosclerotic aneurysm of the right subclavian artery with the right axillary arterial stenosis and enlargement of the ascending aorta. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2011; 17 (6) 599-602
- 5 Roh YN, Park KB, Do YS, Kim WS, Kim YW, Kim DI. A hybrid operation in a patient with complex right subclavian artery aneurysm. J Korean Surg Soc 2012; 82 (3) 195-199
- 6 Niino T, Unosawa S, Shimura K. Intrathoracic left subclavian artery aneurysm: report of a case. Ann Vasc Dis 2012; 5 (1) 82-84
- 7 Halldorsson A, Ramsey J, Gallagher C, Meyerrose G. Proximal left subclavian artery aneurysms: a case report and review of the literature. Angiology 2007; 58 (3) 367-371
- 8 Marinho J, Pires A, Sousa G, Castela E. Right subclavian artery aneurysm in an adolescent with a bicuspid aortic valve. Pediatr Cardiol 2013; 34 (8) 1952-1954