Subscribe to RSS
Letter to the Editor on: “Effectiveness of Multi-activity, High-intensity Interval Training in School-aged Children.”
Recently, Ketelhut et al. published an article on the effectiveness of a multi-activity high-intensity interval training in school-aged children on aerobic fitness and hemodynamic parameters in the International Journal of Sports Medicine. With this letter to the editor we would like to comment on the methods and clinical relevance of the results found.
04 January 2021 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
Rüdigerstraße 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
- 1 Ketelhut S, Kircher E, Ketelhut SR. et al. Effectiveness of multi-activity, high-intensity interval training in school-aged children. Int J Sports Med 2020; 41: 227-232 DOI: 10.1055/a-1068-9331.
- 2 Campbell MK, Piaggio G, Elbourne DR. et al. Consort 2010 statement: Extension to cluster randomised trials. BMJ 2012; 345: e5661 DOI: 10.1136/bmj.e5661.
- 3 Hernán MA, Hernández-Díaz S, Robins JM. A structural approach to selection bias. Epidemiology 2004; 15: 615-625 DOI: 10.1097/01.ede.0000135174.63482.43.
- 4 Howe CJ, Cole SR, Lau B. et al. Selection bias due to loss to follow up in cohort studies. Epidemiology 2016; 27: 91-97 DOI: 10.1097/ede.0000000000000409.
- 5 Eddolls WTB, McNarry MA, Stratton G. et al. High-intensity interval training interventions in children and adolescents: A systematic review. Sports Med 2017; 47: 2363-2374 DOI: 10.1007/s40279-017-0753-8.
- 6 Chen X, Wang Y. Tracking of blood pressure from childhood to adulthood: A systematic review and meta-regression analysis. Circulation 2008; 117: 3171-3180 DOI: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.107.730366.
- 7 Gutin B, Barbeau P, Owens S. et al. Effects of exercise intensity on cardiovascular fitness, total body composition, and visceral adiposity of obese adolescents. Am J Clin Nutr 2002; 75: 818-826 DOI: 10.1093/ajcn/75.5.818.
- 8 Logan GR, Harris N, Duncan S. et al. A review of adolescent high-intensity interval training. Sports Med 2014; 44: 1071-1085 DOI: 10.1007/s40279-014-0187-5.
- 9 Costigan SA, Eather N, Plotnikoff RC. et al. Preliminary efficacy and feasibility of embedding high intensity interval training into the school day: A pilot randomized controlled trial. Prev Med Rep 2015; 2: 973-979 DOI: 10.1016/j.pmedr.2015.11.001.
- 10 Mintjens S, Menting MD, Daams JG. et al. Cardiorespiratory fitness in childhood and adolescence affects future cardiovascular risk factors: A systematic review of longitudinal studies. Sports Med 2018; 48: 2577-2605 DOI: 10.1007/s40279-018-0974-5.