Can low-temperature thermoluminescence cast light on the nature of ultra-high dilutions?
Received02 May 2007
revised08 May 2007
accepted16 May 2007
13 December 2017 (online)
Low-temperature thermoluminescence has been used in attempt to understand the particular structure of ultra high dilutions. Samples are activated by irradiation after freezing at the temperature of liquid nitrogen (77°K). Experimental results show that, in the course of rewarming, the thermoluminescent glow is susbtantially different between dilutions of different substances. It is suggested that the dispersed gas phase might play a role in this process.
- 1 Teixeira J. Can water possibly have a memory? A sceptical view. Homeopathy 2007; 96: 158-162.
- 2 Roy R., Tiller W.A., Bell I., Hoover M.R. The structure of liquid water; novel insights from material research; potential relevance to homeopathy. Mater Res Innovations 2005; 9: 93-124.
- 3 Teixeira J., Luzar A., Longeville S. Dynamic of hydrogen bonds: how to probe their role in unusual properties of liquid water. J Phys Condens Matter 2006; 18: S2353-S52362.
- 4 Gartia RK. Thermoluminescent materials: past, present and future. In: Sarma HNK, Sumitra P, Basantakumar Sharma H, (eds). Proceedings of Regional Conference on Materials and their Applications (RCMA), February 18–19, 2005, Manipur University, Imphal, India, 2005, p 33–40.
- 5 Rey L. Thermoluminescence de la Glace. CR Physi 2000; I: 107-110.
- 6 Rey L. Thermoluminescence of ultra-high dilutions of lithium chloride and sodium chloride. Physica A 2003; 323: 67-74.
- 7 Rey L. Thermoluminescence of deuterated amorphous and crystalline ices. Rad Phys Chem 2005; 72: 587-594.
- 8 Sharma B.A., Basanta Sing Th., Gartia R.K. Critical evaluation of goodness of fit of computerised glow curve deconvolution. Indian J Pure Appl Phys 2004; 42: 492-497.
- 9 Rey L, Gartia RK, Belon P. Trap Spectroscopic Characterization of D2O ice and its potentialities in homeopathy. In: Selvasekarapandian S, Murthy KVR, Natarajan V, Malathi J, Brahmanandhan GM, Khanna D, (eds). Macmillan Advanced Research Series. Proceedings of the National Conference on Luminescence and Its Applications (NCLA, 2007) January 18–20, Bharathiar University, India. New Delhi: Macmillan India Ltd., 2007, p 12–17.
- 10 Ourisson G. Personal communication, 2000.
- 11 van Wijk R., Basman S., van Wijk E. Thermoluminescence in ultra-high dilution research. J Alternative Complementary Med 2006; 12: 437-443.
- 12 Rey L, Muchitsch I. Recent unpublished results, 2007.
- 13 Vallée Ph., Lafait J., Legrand L., Mentré P., Monod M-O., Thomas Y. Effects of pulsed low-frequency electromagnetic fields on water characterized by light scattering techniques: role of bubbles. Langmuir 2005; 21 (06) 2293-2299.