Homoeopathy for the treatment of lichen simplex chronicus: A case series
Received02 November 2005
revised09 March 2006
accepted19 June 2006
14 December 2017 (online)
Twenty-seven patients with chronic lichen simplex involving various parts of the body were treated. Hydrocotyle was prescribed to 21 patients in different potencies (6c, 30c, 200c, 1 M, 10 M), Thuja to three patients (1 M, 10 M), Graphites (6c), Kali bich (30c) and Sulphur (200c) to one patient each during 1 year study period. Only two patients showed complete improvement with Thuja and one with Graphites. In other cases, the response was limited to partial relief itching.
- 1 Gupta R. Text Book of Dermatology, 1st edn. Jaypee Brother Medical Publisher (P) Ltd, 2002, p 165.
- 2 Gupta R, Manchanda RK. Textbook of Dermatology for Homoeopaths, 1st edn. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers (P) Ltd, 2005, p 186.
- 3 Kent JT. Repertory of the Homoeopathic Materia Medica, 6th ed. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers (P) Ltd, 1996, p 1333.
- 4 Bose SC. Drugs of Hindustan with their Homoeopathic uses, Provings and Clinical Verification, 9th edn. Kolkata: Hahnemann Publishing Co, Pvt. Ltd.
- 5 Hering C. The Guiding Symptoms of the Materia Medica, Vol VI. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers, 1971, pp 81, 352–353.