The sound of two hands clapping:Could homeopathy work locally and non-locally?
14 December 2017 (online)
Homeopathy might require both local and non-local mechanisms to describe fully its mode of action. The increased prevalence of self-prescribing does not necessarily refute the possibility of non-local mechanisms.
- 1 Fisher P. Entangled, or tied in knots?. Homp 2004; 93: 171-172.
- 2 Walach H., Sherr J., Schneider R. et al. Homeopathic proving symptoms: result of a local, non-local or placebo process?. Homp 2004; 93: 179-185.
- 3 Schiff M. The Memory of Water: Homeopathy and the Battle of Ideas in the New Science. London: Thorsons (HarperCollins), 1995 and references therein.
- 4 Linde K., Clausius N., Ramirez G. et al. Are the clinical effects of homeopathy placebo effects?. Lancet 1997; 50: 834-843.
- 5 Belon P., Cumps J., Ennis M. et al. Histamine dilutions modulate basophil activity. Inflamm Res 2004; 53: 181-183.
- 6 Einstein A. et al. Can a quantum mechanical description of physical reality be considered complete?. Phys Rev 1935; 47: 777-780.
- 7 Bell J.S. Speakable and Unspeakable in Quantum Mechanics. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press; 1987
- 8 Aspect A., Grangier P., Roger R. et al. Experimental realisation of Einstein–Podolsky–Rosen–Bohm Gedankenexperiment: a new violation of Bell's inequalities. Phys Rev Lett 1982; 49: 91-94.
- 9 Atmanspacher H., Romer H., Walach H. et al. Weak quantum theory; complementarity and entanglement in physics and beyond. Found Phys 2002; 32: 379-406.
- 10 Milgrom L.R. Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement, Part 7: a gyroscopic metaphor for the Vital Force and its use to illustrate some of the empirical laws of homeopathy. Forsch Komp Klass Natur 2004; 11: 212-223.
- 11 Endler P.C., Heckmann C., Lauppert E. et al. The metamorphosis of amphibians and information of thyroxin storage via the bipolar fluid water and on a technical carrier data; transference via an electronic amplifier. Schulte J., Endler P.C. Fundamental Research in Ultra High Dilution and Homeopathy. 1998. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 155-187
- 12 Decoherence is the term used to describe the presumed process by which a mixture of quantum states collapses to produce a single version of reality at our macroscopic level. See Gribbon J. Q is for Quantum. London: Weidenfeld and Nicholson, 1998, p 101.
- 13 Del Guidice E., Preparata G., Vitiello G. et al. Water as a free-electron dipole laser. Phys Rev Lett 1988; 61: 1085-1088.
- 14 Milgrom L.R. Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement, Part 6. Miasms revisited: non-linear quantum theory as a model for the homeopathic process. Homp 2004; 93: 154-158.
- 15 Al-Khalili J. Black Holes, Wormholes, and Time Machines . Bristol: Institute of Physics; 1999
- 16 Pickover C.A. Surfing Through Hyperspace: Understanding Higher Universes in Six Easy Lessons. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1999
- 17 Walach H. Entanglement model of homeopathy as example of generalised predicted by weak quantum theory. Forsch Komp Klass Natur 2003; 10: 192-200.
- 18 Donne J. Meditation XVII. Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, 3rd edn. Oxford, 1981, p 190.
- 19 Crump S. Private communication.
- 20 A notable exception might be the case of WWII Japanese armed forces emerging from the jungle many years after the cessation of hostilities.