Clinical Homeopathic use of RNA: evidence from two provings
Received15 April 2004
revised26 August 2004
accepted08 November 2004
13 December 2017 (online)
Two homeopathic drug provings (HDPs) of RNA have been published. The methods are reviewed. Our method is double-blind and placebo-controlled, conforms to GCP and includes run-in and follow-up phases. Symptoms are selected from diaries according to predefined criteria. The results of the provings are compared with each other and with the homeopathic clinical use of RNA. At this stage it is difficult to draw conclusions concerning the clinical use of RNA. Further HDPs are required, they should follow GCP and standard, transparent protocols.
- 1 Julian OA. R.N.A. Homeopathic Drug Provings of New Remedies. Paris, 1978, pp 432–434.
- 2 Riley D. Provings by David Riley. Reference Works. San Rafael, CA: Kent Homeopathics, 2003.
- 3 Private communication: Dr. Marim (Brazil) has reported a proving of RNA done in Brazil, published in Portugese in a Brazilian homeopathic journal. It is not currently available in English.
- 4 Riley D. Homeopathic drug proving—nicotinamide adenosine dinucleotide. American Institute of Homeopathy Journal, Summer 1994.
- 5 Riley D. Homeopathic drug proving—Fumaria officinalis. Homeopathic Links, Switzerland, June 1994.
- 6 Riley D. Homeopathic drug proving—Veronica officinalis . Br Hom J 1995; 84: 144-148.
- 7 Riley D. Homoeopathic drug proving—principles and practice. Hom Int 1996; 1: 1-14.
- 8 Linde K, Clausuis N, Ramierz G, Melchart D, Eitel F, Hedges L, Jonas W. Are the clinical effects of homoeopathy placebo effects? A meta-analysis of placebo-controlled studies. Lancet 1997; 350: 834-843.
- 9 Kienle G.S, Kiene H. Placebo effect and placebo concept. a critical methodological and conceptual analysis of reports on the magnitude of the placebo effect. Altern Ther 1996; 2: 6.
- 10 Hahnemann S. Organon der Heilkunst. 6. Auflage. Karl F. Haug- Ver/ag, Ulm 1958.
- 11 Riley DS. Symptom selection criteria—clinical verification for homeopathic drug provings. LIGA Conference, Capri, Italy, October 1–5, 1996.
- 12 Van Wijk R, Wiegant F. The similia principle as a therapeutic strategy. a research program on stimulation of self-defense in disordered mammalian cells. Altern Ther 1997: 33-38.