Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement. Part 5. Can homeopathic remedy reactions be outcomes of PPR entanglement?
Received22 August 2003
revised24 October 2003
accepted21 January 2004
27 December 2017 (online)
The possibility that well-documented types of reaction to the prescribed homeopathic medicine may be outcomes of PPR entanglement is discussed within the context of a previously described model for homeopathy that incorporates GHZ three-particle entanglement and Weak Quantum Theory.
- 1 Walach H. Magic of signs: a non-local interpretation of homeopathy. Br Hom J 2000; 89: 127–140 and references therein.
- 2 Stevenson C, Dearer VS, Fountain-Barber A, Hawkins S, Ernst E. J Roy Soc Med 2003; 96: 60–65.
- 3 Walach H. Entanglement model of homeopathy as an example of generalised entanglement predicted by weak quantum theory. Forsch Komp Klass Natur 2003; 10: 192–200.
- 4 Davenas E, Beauvais F, Amara J, Oberbaum M, Robinson B, Miadonna A, Tedeschi A, Pomeranz B, Fortner P, Belon P, Saint-Laudy J, Poitevin B, Benveniste J. Human basophil de-granulation triggered by very dilute antiserum against IgE. Nature 1988; 333: 816–818.
- 5 (a) Belon P, Cumps J, Ennis M, Mannaioni PF, Saint-Laudy J, Roberfroid M, Wiegant FA. Inhibition of human basophil degranulation by successive histamine dilutions: results of a European multi-centre trial. Inflamm Res 1999; 48 Suppl 1: S17-8 (b) Samal S, Geckeler KE. Chem Commun 2001, 2224. (c) see, for example, Schiff M. The Memory of Water: Homoeopathy and the Battle of Ideas in the New Science, London: Thorsons (HarperCollins), 1995 and references therein. (d) Del Guidice E, Preparata G, Vitiello G. Water as a free electron dipole laser. Phys Rev Lett 1988; 61: 1085–1088 (e) See Bellavite P, Signorini A. Homeopathy:A Frontier in Medical Science, Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 1995.
- 6 Rey L. Thermoluminescence of ultra-high dilutions of lithium chloride and sodium chloride. Physica A 2003; 323: 67–74.
- 7 Linde K, Clausius N, Ramirez G, et al. Are the clinical effects of homeopathy placebo effects? A meta-analysis of placebo-controlled trials. Lancet 1997; 350: 834–843. Cucherat M, Haugh MC, Gooch M, Boissel JP. Evidence of clinical efficacy of homeopathy. A meta-analysis of clinical trials. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2000; 56: 27–33.
- 8 Atmanspacher H, Römer H, Walach H. Weak quantum theory; complementarity and entanglement in physics and beyond. Found Phys 2002; 32: 379–406.
- 9 Waldrop MM. Complexity: The Emerging Science at the Edge of Order and Chaos, London: Penguin Books, 1994. See also, Hyland ME. A connectionist theory of asthma. J Clin Exp Allergy 1999; 29: 1467–1573 Hyland ME. The intelligent body. New Scientist 2001; 170(2292): 32–33.
- 10 Weingartner O. What is the therapeutically active ingredient of homeopathic potencies? Homp 2003; 92: 145–151.
- 11 Hyland M. A brief guide to extended network entanglement theory as a theory of healing an its empirical predictions. Forsch Komp Klass Natur 2003; 10: 201–206.
- 12 (a) Milgrom LR. Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement. Part 1. A qualitative non-local metaphor for homeopathy based on quantum theory. Homp 2002; 91: 239–248. (b) Milgrom LR. Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement. Part 2. Extending the metaphor for homeopathy using molecular quantum mechanics. Homp 2003; 92: 35–43. (c) Milgrom LR. Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement. Part 3. Refining the quantum metaphor for homeopathy. Homp 2003; 92: 152–156. (d) Milgrom LR. Patient–practitioner–remedy (PPR) entanglement. Part 4. Towards classification and unification of the different quantum models for homeopathy. Homp 2004; 93: 34–42.
- 13 Kent J.T.. Lectures in Homeopathic Philosophy, Lecture XXXV. Remedy Reactions. Sittingbourne, UK: Homeopathic Book Service; 1990
- 14 Vithoulkas G.. The Science of Homeopathy. London: Thorsons; 1986
- 15 Wooters WK. Quantum entanglement as a quantifiable resource. Philos Trans R Soc London A 1998; 356: 1717–1731.
- 16 See reference 15, and references therein. Also, Aczel AD. Entanglement: The Greatest Mystery in Physics, Chichester, UK: Wiley, 2003.
- 17 Kent J.T.. Lectures in Homeopathic Philosophy, Lecture XXIV. Idiosyncrasies. Sittingbourne, UK: Homeopathic Book Service; 1990
- 18 Hyland M. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) research should focus on mechanism rather than efficacy, private communication: see also reference 1.
- 19 Einstein A, Podolsky B, Rosen N. Can a quantum mechanical description of physical reality be considered complete? Phys Rev 1935; 47: 777–780.
- 20 Wackermann J, Seiter C, Keibel H, Walach H. Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially separated human subjects. Neurosci Lett 2003; 326: 60–64.
- 21 Aspect A, Grangier P, Roger G. Experimental realization of Einstein–Podolsky–Rosen–Bohm Gedanken experiment: a new violation of Bell's inequalities. Phys Rev Lett 1982; 49: 91–94.