Trifolium pratense for breast disease: a case series
Received06 January 2003
revised27 March 2003
accepted03 September 2003
12 December 2017 (online)
A series of cases in which Trifolium pratense was used in breast disease with hyperoestrogenic symptoms is reported. Several patients with cystic mastosis and breast cancer appeared to do well. The ‘picture’ of Trifolium is discussed.
- 1 Ody P. The Complete Guide Medicinal Herbal. DK Book, Great Britain, 1993, pp 128.
- 2 Boericke W. Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers, 1921, pp 651.
- 3 Phatak. Materia medica of Homeopathic Medicines. Indian Books and Periodocals Syndicate, India, 1977, pp 601.
- 4 Clarke JH. A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica, 3 vols. New Delhi: Homeopathic Publications, 1900–1903.
- 5 Liu J, Burdette JE, XuHGu C, van Breemen RB, et al. Evaluation of estrogenic activity of plant extracts for the potential treatment of menopausal symptoms. J Agric Food Chem 2001; 49: 2472–2479.
- 6 Pagliaaci MC, Smacchia M, Migliorati G, et al. Growth inhibitory effects of the phytoestrogen genistein in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Eur J Cancer 1994; 30A: 1675–1682.